Maritime Piracy Control And Counter Strategies
Cargo and Shipping Managers, Logistics Coordinators, Shipping Administrators, Business Development Managers (freight forwarding), shipping development officers.
At the end of the programme, participants should, among other things, be able to:
1. Evaluate the changing trend of piracy in the gulf of guinea.
2. To identify the type and nature of piracy and private activities within Nigerian coastline.
3. Discuss alternative techniques of piracy control and management.
4. Appreciate policies on piracy.
1. Principles of coastal patrol and surveillance
2. Maritime security measures and procedure
3. The ISPS code
4. The SOLAS convention
5. Piracy control mechanisms
6. Security framework for costal waters
7. Port state control
8. Management of maritime safety and security
9. Navy and maritime security
10. Search and rescue planning
11. Piracy surveillance infrastructure
12. Management of pirate incidents
13. Cost implication of pirate activities
14. Intemational convention on piracy control
15. Case studies